Friday, November 28, 2014

Not what I used to be..

It was a Wednesday night miracle.

Supper was done early, the dishes were done and I was free to shop till I dropped. The Hubs sent me away promising to run the ship and tuck the kids into bed...ahhhh Bliss! (I had a twinge of guilt as I saw the kids pull out the farming board game, and that look of horror in his eyes, knowing what the next few hours would bring)

But for me the possibilities were endless, would it be home decor?or Christmas stocking stuffers?, or perhaps some new threads, I had a hop in my step and some Ramsey cash in my envelope wallet.

It wasn't long before I realized my shopping stamina is not what it used to be... I was out for a total of three hours and came back with nary a Christmas gift.  As a side note let me just say... I also came back home with a total drop in self esteem and a dent in my pride. There may have been some skinny jeans and knee high boots involved...I've come to the conclusion I shalt never don the gay apparel of the aforementioned. And that's all we'll say about that. Yes, I realize a photo would probably send my blog hits skyrocketing, but there are things better left unseen, those kinds of images can be hard to forget. 

Lucky for me I've got a man who wouldn't be caught dead in skinny jeans nor any of the latest 'metro' fashion and he loves me just as I am in my yoga pants :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment